Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boris17
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra 4800X doesn't work with USB 3.0 hard drives

Jump to solution

I had checked it before and I checked it again, my T7 1 TB drive does not work with this either. It is NTFS formatted, I have tried with powered USB and without. 

0 Kudos
eggs4vanya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought a new Roku Ultra 4800R, and I'm having the same problem. I had a Seagate 8TB HDD hooked up to my previous 2018 Roku Ultra 4660X2, and it always worked fine. Now when I hook up the same drive to the new Ultra, it won't read it. 

I may just go back to my older model if there isn't a fix soon... 

0 Kudos
amz1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep, that's what I've done - using my old Roku and the new one that I bought is gathering dust. A wasted purchase as far as I can tell. Very disappointed in Roku - not feeling like they care about keeping me as a customer right now. I've bought multiple Rokus over the years but this will be my last one if they don't get it together.

BiLkaMachang
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  Can we get a meaningful report on this issue? It's been six months since Roku stated that it's identified this issue and would resolve it in a future update.

RkkMe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Anyone try the 'switch out the cable' trick? I did that on one of my problem drives in the past like this and voila it worked (tip from a fellow forum member). Sounds like it shouldn't but it does. Use another hard drive cable if you have one handy, and if it recognizes it, you can then switch it back to the original and have it magically work again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

As stated previously in this thread, we believe we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boris17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Six months have elapsed since you said the exact same thing on this forum. I will repeat the question asked by many others, WHEN is it anticipated that this will be resolved?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
rogalskij
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My new Roku hard drive support was fixed with an update a month or so after the 4800X released.  I am curious what everyone is using for formatting?  Both my 4TB WD and 2TB Seagate formatted NTFS worked after the small patch came out.  I am curious if maybe a factory default would help?

0 Kudos
Dmule
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

there have been quite a few updates for the Ultra 4800x over the past two weeks, however none of those updates fixed the issue of the Ultra 4800x recognizing external hard drives.

My Ultra 4800x still won’t recognize my 4TB Western Digital Easystore.

you mentioned over 6 months ago that the issue has been identified and would be fixed in a future update yet the biggest update that happened this past week did not fix the issue we are experiencing.

it would be nice if we could get a timeframe of when this will be fixed since the main selling point for me that the Ultra 4800x would recognize my external hard drive.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dmule

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate the issue further. Once I have an update, I'll be sure to post in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos