Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happyboy55
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra 4670 picture quality issue with TCL R646 Google TV

For the life of me I cannot figure out why that when I stream my Roku Ultra 4670 on my new TCL 75R646 Google TV, the HD picture quality is inferior compared to the Google TV user interface when viewing the same streaming content (i.e., FuboTV or any other app).  I do have all ultra, high speed HDMI cables, hardwired ethernet connections, the HDMI ports all support 2.1 and all the proper settings and boxes are checked on all connected devices.  I've even made sure all software was up to date on the TV, Roku and my AVR.  I have also tried multiple scenarios (including all possible combinations of display settings in the Roku menus), as "process of elimination" to no avail.  The only exception to this issue that I have found thus far is that I can stream 4K sample videos through the Roku device on the YouTube site with crystal clear 4K UHD picture.  I've even tried a second Roku Ultra device but got the same results.  The Roku even displays at the upper right corner that I am receiving a 4kHDR signal even though the picture is very suspect. I much prefer the Roku OS over the Goggle TV OS, however right now the Roku Ultra on this TV is useless...I must be overlooking something I hope...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4670 picture quality issue with TCL R646 Google TV

@happyboy55

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device connected to the AVR or directly to the TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connected the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
happyboy55
Reel Rookie

Hello Danny, I have the Roku Ultra connected directly to my AVR which is 2.2 compatible.  I also tried connecting to the TV hdmi 2.2 ports and got the same result. I have tried the Roku 4670 on a smaller 42" LG and the signal was clear. I also tried connecting my older Ultra 4660 to the TCL tv and still get a poor picture. The only thing I have not tried is a factory reset of the 4670 unit.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@happyboy55

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Can you provide us with a screenshot of the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos