Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoBlue97

Roku Ultra (2022) does not output 5.1 with YouTube TV 5.1 Surround / AC-3 [Device flaw/bug]

There is a bug with the Roku Ultra 2022 - no combination audio configuration remedies that Roku is only outputting stereo audio in Channels 1/2 even though the content YouTube TV references AC-3 5.1 audio (Youtube TV - > Stats for Nerds).

I've verified with an Atomos Ninja V+ that Roku is only outputting stereo audio in Channels 1/2. I've tried every audio setting that Roku makes available. 

It would be great if Roku and YouTube Engineers tracked this down...you can reproduce/validate this with an Atomos Ninja V+ and an HDMI 2.1 splitter (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CXXN58DJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details)

An Apple TV 4K (2022) does not have problem - I see 5.1 audio in the leveling mixer, with the announcers in Channel 3/4 for a sporting event. I'm using the Michigan vs. Ohio State 4K game + Wimbledon tennis to validate the 5.1 audio being present (again, should show AC-3 if 5.1 is available, otherwise it will show m4a, which is stereo).

Feel free to email me, I can reproduce and validate this bug all day - *******@gmail.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.