Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BubbleFam
Reel Rookie

Roku TV turns off automatically overnight, Bandwith saver and in-app inactivity features disabled

Hello, previously I had an issue with my Roku where stuff like the pound button menu, volume indicator, and power off indicator were not displaying. They still functioned but were not visible. I solved this by unplugging the device and replugging.

Almost immedietly after I notice the TV has a habit of turning itself off around twilight or dawn (4:00-6:00 AM I think) I'm a pretty light sleeper and I have issues with this, for years this kind of thing was enough to wake me up at like 5 AM or give me terrible dreams, it's pretty uncomfortable.

I assumed it ws a problem with display or something, so I went to the settings and turned Bandwith Saver on and off again, same with all similar settings in the apps I use. Same results. IDK how to fix this.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV turns off automatically overnight, Bandwith saver and in-app inactivity features disable

You’d be better off contacting the TV manufacturer, knowing that Roku doesn’t manufacture the TVs themselves.

~ Jordan 

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Kfett0414

Re: Roku TV turns off automatically overnight, Bandwith saver and in-app inactivity features disable

This problem seems similar to mine. I've owned a Roku Ultra for 2 years or more and recently started experiencing this issue. Every night the Roku player stops working. Stays on the screen saver or resets itself. You can't go into any of the apps or Home Screen. When you try it tries to open up but goes right to the screen saver. The only way to get it to work temporary is to disconnect the power and go through set up again. 

0 Kudos