Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimtho
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV sound/audio drop/cut out/clipping

Hum, I didn't notice this issue until lastnight. TV was acting buggy as I couldn't mute it to use my headphones on the Xbox controller. Restarted the TV and then the Xbox wouldn't register button input. Restarted the Xbox and that made the TV restart. I'm not getting the exact issue you are (besides the audio problems) I wonder if the auto game input sensor is buggy and needs tweaking. 

0 Kudos
Pbelton

after getting 2 replacement soundbars from vizio and calling tcl about 4 times, I have a fix from tcl...I guess its a workaround. But you can leave everything plugged HDMI/HDMI arc/erc. Just go into the settings menu in roku, then audio, then s/pdif and erac, then select dolby digital. After this, i haven't had one issue.  

das6_6
Reel Rookie

I'm seeing this issue for a lot of people, but I am not sure what the solution is.  Some suggestions are changing the HDMI cable, but I am using a Roku Streaming Stick + directly connected to my Sony TV.

When I am watching content on my Roku (Netflix, YouTube TV, whatever) everything is fine at the start.  Gradually the audio will start to drop/cut out (maybe after 10-15 minutes) and then finally go out completely.  The only solution I have found is to turn off the Roku for 5-10 seconds and then turn it back on. However this solution only works temporarily and the audio dropping/cutting out comes back, even more quickly and then the audio goes out completely again, maybe after a couple of minutes this time.  I turn the Roku off and repeat the cycle, but it happens again, even faster.  Eventually even turning the Roku off for a brief period doesn't fix the problem...and I have to leave it off for a longer period to "reset" it.

Seems to be a new problem...I don't recall having this issue in the fall when I was using my Roku...so maybe related to a software build (I am using the latest software).

It is very strange in that the Roku works fine for a while when I first start watching TV and then starts having the issue...but after the reset the problem happens more quickly.  I would think that if there were a HW problem the issue would appear immediately and be the same every time...not gradually get worse the longer I am trying to watch the Roku.

Has anyone found a solution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ruiztar
Reel Rookie

I have just purchased the new Roku ultra 2020 (4800 series). It's impossible to listen to the Atmos mode. It literally cuts out every two minutes for about 10 seconds. I am strongly considering and returning it because this is unacceptable!
I have an Arcam $3500 receiver that can do Atmos, but no cigar. Roku, are you listening?!

0 Kudos
JMAN253
Channel Surfer

Any word on if this issue was fixed with the update to OS 10?

0 Kudos
jimtho
Channel Surfer

My Roku TV is still on 9.4.0 and the issue is still there for me

0 Kudos
kattlove71
Reel Rookie

I have a streaming bar and I have the same problem and I have asked over and over what to do and get no help about to send this back after I paid over 100 for nothing.

0 Kudos
JMAN253
Channel Surfer

Found a "fix" to my problem. The audio would only cut out when using Roku channels on the TVs Roku. I have an HDMI splitter to hook my blu-ray player and cable box directly to the Vizio SB46514 soundbar and never have any audio issues with these devices. I bought a 4k Fire TV Stick and plugged it into the last spot on my HDMI splitter and now can stream the same apps (mostly VUDU) and get Dolby Digital Plus Atmos sound and Dolby Vision. Too bad the in-TV Roku is having problems, but getting the Fire Stick on sale was well worth it. Same streaming quality and no sound drops yet.

0 Kudos
jimtho
Channel Surfer

Thank you for finding a solution. Sad the only way to fix this is to replace it with a replacement. I love that the Roku TV can allow me to reduce my devices. Sad I'm stuck with a faulty system that lies about it's features.

0 Kudos
jimtho
Channel Surfer

I found a solution. I replaced the TV with a Samaung Frame TV and Atmos works without issues on the same soundbar. No audio cuttingout. TCL/Roku TVs used to be my go-to but I'm not sure anymore. 

0 Kudos