Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nchest
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Launching apps, not playing video

Jump to solution

I am trying to use a Streaming Stick 4k+ to stream shows on a new Insignia TV. I set up the Roku and logged into apps. For multiple apps (Netflix, Youtube, Youtube TV, Apple TV), the user interface is what i expect it to be. However, when I try to play video, I only get the audio with a black screen. 

I have tried the following solutions: 

• Removing apps from Roku, restarting the Roku, re-adding the apps
  • Factory reset
  • Unplugging the Roku for a minute and plugging it back in
  • Trying the Roku on different wifi networks (all with download speed of 40mbps or higher)
  • Powering the Roku via the USB port on the TV and also via the wall charger

After one factory reset, Netflix played some video, but it was strangely cropped and zoomed in, so I reset again, and went back to the way it was. I have not been able to recreate that alternative problem.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work, I will be very grateful!! 

Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nchest
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Launching apps, not playing video

Jump to solution

Update: I resolved this issue by manually changing the visual display settings. The resolution that playing the correct video display ratio for me is the Dolby Vision HDR TV. Hope this helps others experiencing the same issue.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
nchest
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Launching apps, not playing video

Jump to solution

Update: I resolved this issue by manually changing the visual display settings. The resolution that playing the correct video display ratio for me is the Dolby Vision HDR TV. Hope this helps others experiencing the same issue.  

0 Kudos