Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelekaitlin
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

My streambar has been having crackly, quiet audio. i’ve tried system restarting, doing a hard power reset of both the streambar and TV, checked for software updates, reconnected to the TV. I don’t know what to do. 

75 REPLIES 75
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

Hi @adelekaitlin 

We're here to help.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
adelekaitlin
Reel Rookie

YL003M078952 @RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@adelekaitlin 

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbrh5272

I  having the same problems and have tried the fixes mentioned with no results.  My serial number is YL007P039903

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Dbrh5272

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Audio problems on the Roku, like no audio, distorted audio, or audio dropouts, can be caused by software settings or problems with your hardware and/or cables depending on the complexity of your setup. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
1.  Check to make sure that your A/V receiver, HDMI switcher, or speaker is connected to your Roku with the HDMI, optical, or component cables properly put into both ends.

2. Make sure all of your components are powered on.

3. Verify that the correct input is selected on your A/V receiver, HDMI switcher, or soundbar.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more to troubleshoot the audio issue:

Why is sound from my Roku® Streambar®, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar out of sync with t...

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Melvo
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

I've been having similar issues with my soundbar- Crackling, out of sync audio, and/or extremely high or low audio. It ahppens randomly but sometimes a couple times within the hour. I checked all the inputs and they are fine. Please help resolve this issue

S/n:  YL0061668210

Model 9101X

Thank you, 

Melvin N.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Melvo,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your effort to reach out and inform us about the sound issue with the Roku Smart Soundbar.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JWSM

I have the exact same issues, intermittently.  Sound starts fine, then drops very low or rises to very high. Sometimes gets all crackly. I have to reset the streambar daily, sometimes more than once a day. Tried the suggestions on this page, no help.

Model: 9102X

SN: 2A122F291559

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JWSM,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku Streambar and we're sorry if you are having this sound issue.

We're going to assign a member of our Support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos