Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Roku Stick 4K, Dolby Atmos & TV

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung TV which doesn't offer Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos. It does have hdmi arc connection which controls audio and video. I'm looking at purchasing a soundbar that can play Dolby Atmos and the Roku remote will control both of them via the arc connection. Since the TV doesn't offer this will the Atmos sound still play on the soundbar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick 4K, Dolby Atmos & TV

Jump to solution

Since your audio will be sent to the soundbar by ARC, in theory you should get DD+/Atmos without a problem. My only Atmos-capable AVR is connected to a LG that supports DV, and my Ultra connects directly to the AVR, so the TV isn't involved. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Since your audio will be sent to the soundbar by ARC, in theory you should get DD+/Atmos without a problem. My only Atmos-capable AVR is connected to a LG that supports DV, and my Ultra connects directly to the AVR, so the TV isn't involved. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That was my impression based on searching the topic but I wanted to ask here. I'm going to go with that and hope for the best.

Thanks

0 Kudos