Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Smart Bulb "RED LIGHT STUCK"

I am having an issue with my Roku smart bulb . It is stuck on red I unplugged it to move my light and ever since I plugged it back in it has just been stuck on red I have tried to factory reset it by turning off three times I have tried unplugging it from the wall I've tried unscrewing it from the lamp. It will not let me connect on my Smart home app either please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Lxrdreaper

Re: Roku Smart Bulb "RED LIGHT STUCK"

Mine been stuck on red too I haven't figured out why like you I've tried unplugging turn off the lightswitch and unscrewing to no avail so I think roku sells faulty bulbs I'm not sure the other one that was in the box worked completely fine but this one is stuck on red and won't reset

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lxrdreaper,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you to assist you further. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at this time.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stweedle
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue… details about the resolution would be helpful. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @stweedle!

We'd be more than happy to further assist you with your issue. 

To reset it, press the on and off switch of your Roku Smart Bulb three (3) times. After doing so, you can confirm if it has been paired again from the Roku Smart Home app. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there. Hope this helps! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stweedle
Reel Rookie

I have turned the bulb on and off 3 times. Bulb remains red and is not available to pair in the app. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stweedle,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem pairing your Roku Smart Bulb SE. Are you getting any error messages or codes on your Roku Smart Home app? Please check out this support article here on what to do if your Roku Smart Home device is offline or is not available to pair.

Let us know how it goes, and we will be happy to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stweedle
Reel Rookie

I went through those steps... I can't seem to get the color light into pairing mode. Any further thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stweedle,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Can you please confirm whether or not a dimmer switch is active in the socket where the bulb is attached? If the bulb is controlled by a dimmer switch, try to turn it all the way up before performing another test. Please be advised that using the physical dimmer switch will result in functionality issues and that the bulb needs to have its brightness changed using the app. Test a different socket that is not dimmer to see if the problem still exists. Bulb is in a lamp to ensure that both the lamp's switch and the light switch are switched on if the bulb isn't running through a dimmer switch. Verify that "Power Loss Recovery" is set to "Turn on the lights." Turn the light three times off and on to perform a factory reset, then reinstall the software. To see if the original location is the problem, move the bulb to another area.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stweedle
Reel Rookie

Thanks, lamp was not on a dimmer. I would follow factory reset procedures and the bulb would remain red. In the end, I was able to return the bulb to the store which is how I ultimately mitigated the issue. I replaced it with an identical bulb. No more issues now and works how it should and did originally. 

0 Kudos