Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TXLady541
Reel Rookie

Roku Screen Frozen on Show introduction page. Tried ideas in posted articles but nothing work.

My Roku is frozen on the PBS channel I was watching.  Initially, while it was frozen, I could still hear the dialogue.  Now, the system is so frozen that I cannot get to the setting page to do a "reset".   I pull out my Roku remote control and it wasn't working so I changed the batteries.  Once the new batteries were in, I pushed the little black button and a green light started to flash on the Roku remote.  However, the Roku remote did not engage the television.

Using my Samsung remote which has been set to operate Roku, I can turn the television off and on.  However, I can't get to the page with settings.  The television was installed by an audio visual company, so I can't even determine which electrical cord to pull to un-plug the television.  Please don't laugh.  I know this sounds like I'm an idiot.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Screen Frozen on Show introduction page. Tried ideas in posted articles but nothing work.

It's not the TV you want to reset, it's the Roku.  Do you have access to the back of the TV?  Do you know what model of Roku device you have?  Is it a stick that plugs directly into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable or a little box that has a cable (or possibly two) going from it to the TV?

Find the Roku and pull out its power cable for a few seconds and plug it back in.  If it's a stick there will only be one cable; that's the power cable.  If it's a little box there may be one cable going to the TV and one to the wall outlet or two cables going to the TV.  Just disconnect both of them for a few seconds and plug them back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TXLady541
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Screen Frozen on Show introduction page. Tried ideas in posted articles but nothing work.

Renojim,

Thank you for your assistance.  I pull the television swivel forward and looked behind the television.  The way that company installed the television into the wall I could not see anything that says Roku.  I also could not see how they plugged the wires into the electrical outlet.  Everything is setting in a box that has been built into the wall.

I just turned the television on for the first time today and everything seems to be working.  The screen is no longer frozen.  I'm going to try to reset roku using the roku settings menu.

Thanks for trying to help me.

TXLady541

0 Kudos