Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swayku4
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere keep overheating & how do i get free replacement?

My roku continues to overheat after only having it for a year. It's annoying. I have read all posts in here and none of the solutions work. Moving it further from other electronics does not work. I unplugged it for 2 months. Right when I plugged it back in it says overheating. If I plug it in at someone else's home, overheating. Seeing how there are so many posts about this, I am going to assume this is a malfunction version of this product. So how do I go about getting a free replacement? Because this is unfortunate. Spend money on a product to not be able to use it. 

11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere keep overheating & how do i get free replacement?

Hello @Swayku4

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Swayku4
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D  sn: K42030292448 

Model: 3920X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Swayku4

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Swayku4
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

Sounds good. I appreciate all your help.

0 Kudos

I would also like to know how to get a replacement Roku device.  Purchased my Roku Premier yesterday, installed it in a well ventilated area and overheated message comes on shortly.  This product appears to have a design issue.  I have a Roku TCL TV and a stick and never an issue.  Love the interface, so got another to replace an old fire stick.  Not even a day of use and issues.   Found out from google this seems to be a very common issue.   I think someone dropped the ball on this design or the parts used to make it.  Please advise on what the next step consumers of this model should do.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Faultypremier,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out regarding your overheating issue. We would recommend that if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, please follow the steps from our Support page to try to resolve this issue: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

The provided steps should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back with your Roku device serial number/Device ID and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dking6091
Reel Rookie

My Roku premier keeps overheating and it is not that old. I don’t have it around anything and it is well ventilated so there is no reason for it to overheat. How can I get a replacement? I do all the steps recommended and it will work for a tiny bit and then overheat again. I have other Rokus and have no issues with any of them. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dking6091,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about your overheating issue.

Please be advised that it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku device and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dking6091
Reel Rookie

Yes I am getting the overheating warning on my screen and it happens after very little use of using it.

serial # JF209D270258

model 3920X

i have done all the recommended steps and nothing helps. It keeps doing the error of overheating on the screen. Thanks

0 Kudos