Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R1024
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere Overheating

Jump to solution

My Roku Premiere has been overheating repeatedly and has become unusable. I tried all of the suggested solutions without success.  It was purchased in Feb 2021.  I am convinced that this problem is a result of a flaw in the device and is not the result of any circumstances peculiar to my use.  It has always used in a well ventilated location and was always connected to the USB provided by Roku. I have tried using the tv USB and another plug-in USB and the device still quickly overheats.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere Overheating

Jump to solution

Hi @j9como,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I understand your sentiments about this and I would feel the same way. But not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Triumph716
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it’s out of warranty. The Roku Premium is a base model Roku device. What is the model number?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @R1024

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
R1024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model #3920X

0 Kudos
R1024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

Serial # K430C5092917

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@R1024

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yapper
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Premiere has just started displaying the overheating warning that so many others have reported. It's been running fine for months, and I have not changed it's location (out in the open with unrestricted airflow). This is obviously a design defect.

Model 3920X

Serial number YH00EU240084

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Yapper

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you haven't tried yet, we would recommend following the suggestions in this link: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yapper
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuKariza-D ,

I've tried letting the Premiere cool down, and it works for a while then the Overheating on-screen message re-appears. As I mentioned in the original post, it's located in a place with good air flow, and the location hasn't been changed so my conclusion is that it's not an environment issue, rather that the Premiere is failing.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Yapper

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the device ID of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos