Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmydonc
Binge Watcher

Roku Premiere 3920 Way too bright/high contrast

My roku premiere 3920 suddenly has way too much contrast/whites too bright/colors too saturated and I cannot find a setting anywhere to fix it. It is not a problem with the Television (other non-roku stuff on the TV looks fine). It happens on all apps and even on the menu screen. It was not always like this. It’s a new problem.

here’s a photo of the screen. You can see the skin is white and yellow and red with no natural color. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNv6mFdm1JOUdI59nnzskUaWqWjL9fkc/view?usp=drivesdk

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Premiere 3920 Way too bright/high contrast

When you say “non-roku stuff” are these on other inputs?  If so, many TVs have separate picture settings for each input.

0 Kudos
Jimmydonc
Binge Watcher

It turned out it was my TV. I reset the television back to factory settings and when i got it set up again the problem went away. I had previously ruled that out because I had gone into settings on my TV and adjusted everything to be normal, but there must have been a glitch.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jimmydonc 

Thanks for the update.  Always appreciated when people do this.  👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

@Jimmydonc  Keep in mind that no Roku player has anything to do with color or brightness. That all comes from your TV

0 Kudos