Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texas-Mark
Streaming Star

Roku Express audio setting question

On the Roku Express, under settings - audio, there are Audio Mode and Digital Output Format options. Both of these have a stereo option. My question is what exactly is the difference between these two stereo options? My Roku Express is connected to an AV receiver. Regardless of which one I switch to stereo, it "seems" to do almost the same thing. However if I toggle the Digital output format one to stereo, it seems to sound a bit better than toggling the Audio mode one to stereo.

Note, I am being forced to toggle this to stereo when using the DirecTV Stream app. Otherwise I get too many audio dropouts with surround sound when the receiver looses sync. Any time it glitches (which is way to often) it takes a second to re-sync which is annoying as heck. This is very similar to the Apple TV app audio issues noted in a different thread. 

On a related note to the DirecTV Stream app, I have a friend who is having the exact same issue. They have a totally different ISP which leads me to believe it is an app issue (just like the Apple TV one), since al other apps have zero issues with audio,

0 Kudos