Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shibegamedev12
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Works When Plugged Into TV Power, But Nothing Else Works. Solid Light

Jump to solution

So I Have Had My Roku Express+ (3710 series) For A While Now, And When I Went To Turn It On, Solid White Light, No Signal. But It Turns On When It Is Plugged Into My TV Power, Giving The The Whole Insufficient Power Shebang. UPDATE: The Screen Just Got Tinted Pink.2023-02-09-225243.jpgIm Suspecting Hardware Failure Now.

just to let you know,

• HDMI Works Fine
  • Cable Works Fine
  • Remote Batteries Are Fresh.

Im Lost.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shibegamedev12
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Works When Plugged Into TV Power, But Nothing Else Works. Solid Light

Jump to solution

Okay, My Replacement micro usb to wall cable (not an adapter, just straight power) Arrived, And As Expected, It Fixed The Issue. Thank You Community For Attempting To Assist Me. This Will Be Marked As The Solution. Thank You!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Works When Plugged Into TV Power, But Nothing Else Works. Solid Light

Jump to solution

@shibegamedev12 

Have you tried using a power adapter at the wall? (Any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging adapter should work).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @shibegamedev12

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community. 

In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior. We suggest using the included USB cable and USB power adaptor (if included), connect your streaming player to a working power outlet in the wall. If your streaming player did not come with a USB power adaptor, see our article on powering your streaming player.

Additionally, connecting to a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku streaming player will not need to power-up every time you turn on your TV. This means your player will be up and running faster than it would connected to a TV.

You can see more here: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
shibegamedev12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

well, thats the thing. no display out when running on wall power

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@shibegamedev12 wrote:

well, thats the thing. no display out when running on wall power

Understood.  Have you tried using another/different power adapter and power cable?  If using another 5volt, 1amp power adapter and power cable does not fix issue, then I think that may point to a device issue.

Also, make sure you are connecting directly to the wall outlet (avoid any power strips and extension cords for troubleshooting purposes to rule them out also).  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
shibegamedev12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay, My Replacement micro usb to wall cable (not an adapter, just straight power) Arrived, And As Expected, It Fixed The Issue. Thank You Community For Attempting To Assist Me. This Will Be Marked As The Solution. Thank You!