Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeidiTroy

Roku Express 4k+ Will not power on with remote and only has Roku bouncing on the screen

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HeidiTroy

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Will not power on with remote and only has Roku bouncing on the screen

Sorry I have changed batteries in remote, rebooted my internet, switched it with another Roku on a different TV. The other one worked at both TVs but this Roku does not work at either of them. All I get is either a black screen or the bouncing ROKU letters. Please help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Will not power on with remote and only has Roku bouncing on the screen

First, it never turns off.  That power button on the remote is solely for the TV.  If you have the Express connected to the TV's USB port use the supplied power adapter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@HeidiTroy 

As was stated in the above reply, Roku stand-alone devices can not turn off.  If the Roku is connected to the wall outlet then all I can suggest is that you probably bought a defective unit.  It should still be under warranty and if so, you could contact Roku Customer Support here: https://support.roku.com/contactus, and return the unit to the store for a replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos