Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESBuchman
Channel Surfer

Roku Express 4K+ Not Working at All

Help! My Roku Express 4K+ is not working at all. I've tried everything suggested: replacing the HDMI, turning off and on TV and disconnecting the power, changing the batteries in the remote, pushing and holding the reset button. I've made sure I have the source right on my TV. And still, nothing. The screen remains black and there is no Roku homescreen. Please advise as I have tried everything. Should I replace my device? It isn't that old... 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Not Working at All

@ESBuchman 

Try powering the Roku device from wall power (outlet) if you are currently using the TV USB port for power.  If you are currently powering from the wall, try using another power adapter. (any 5volt 1amp cell phone charger adapter should work).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ESBuchman
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the suggestion - will do - however the power light is on so I don't think it's a situation with it not getting power. But I will try. I am now wondering if the TV is at fault (the port itself).

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@ESBuchman

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. As mentioned by @AvsGunnar, in some cases the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

If you have suspected that the TV itself has the problem, if possible, we suggest you try to plug the device into another TV and if there's any difference after. 

See related support link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ESBuchman
Channel Surfer

Hello @AvsGunnar and @RokuNimfa-C 

I have tried everything, including the suggestion to use a different adapter to plug the device into the wall. Still the same problem. Not responding. Not sure what else to do - and I am now more convinced then ever that the Roku device is simply a lemon. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ESBuchman,

Thanks for following up.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos