Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwdunn7
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K No Longer Working

My Roku Express 4K suddenly stopped working after a year of use (Purchased in 12/2021). I can restart it by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in. It acts as if it's going to start up with the Roko start up screen displayed with the dancing Roku but then it shuts down again. The light on the front is red. I have tried the following steps:

1. Swapped out the HDMI cable

2. Swapped out the USB power cable

3. Swapped out the AC adapter

4. Swapped to another TV

5. Pushed and held the reset button for various times (10, 20, 30, 60 seconds, etc.)

6. Swapped to different HDMI ports on several TV's

Any suggestions apart from these steps may be helpful.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4K No Longer Working

Hello @Cwdunn7

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Before forwarding your concern to our Support team, try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device. Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward. Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku Express 4K. This can be found in Settings > System > About

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cwdunn7
Reel Rookie

I really don't see where this would involve the router but to go through the steps did as you suggested and there is no change in the device's behavior. The S/N is S07P21AA8SS9 and model number is 3941X. This information is from the bottom of the device as the menus can't be accessed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cwdunn7,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos