Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsabelleSpencer
Channel Surfer

Roku Device Keeps Losing Sound

I’ll get you all this information but it is really ticking me off that your only response so far has been to unplug or restart the device. We shouldn’t have to restart or unplug our tv every. Single. Day sometimes several times a day! I have never had a problem with any device before this one. It’s frustrating and it’s not our place to fix it. It’s yours. 
-Roku TV brand and model number
3900RW ROKU Express

-serial number: YG0027184522

-device ID: C437A2184522

-software OS/version: 9.3.0

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) the ONLY channel it hasn’t happened to me on, yet, is YouTube. It’s happened on Disney+, Prime, FoxSportsGo, Spectrum. 

-what are you doing when you lose sound? Watching tv.  

15 REPLIES 15
Dormaphaea
Reel Rookie

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

It was bad, now its worse.

Sound won't even come on. We restart every which way. It's the Roku 4K stick model, its always been an issue but now it's work ...

WHY CAN'T ROKU FIX THIS ISSUE?

Dormaphaea
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, 

I'm not the OP but ours is model 3810X and SN 2139CC212576. 

We're about to head out tge door to find something other than Roku.  

0 Kudos

I have tried this 3 times and it is still losing volume.. Any other tips besides factory resetting the device?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

If your Roku device is currently not playing audio, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with more information:
-Roku device model
-device serial number
-is this issue happening on a specific channel?
-when did you start experiencing this issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Karma69

Re: Roku device Keeps Losing Sound

Me Too! I restart my roku and then it works and then it happens again and then I have to do a process all over again. I have the roku express HD this will be my 3rd time due to overheating  then not working  along with the audio issues 

0 Kudos

We have 2 older Roku devices. Both of ours are doing it pretty much daily. We have to unplug, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and then it usually works another day or so. Ridiculous. I was going to go buy a new one today but since you said your new ones are doing it, I'll save my money! Thank you for the post! Come on Roku, fix the issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Peytonfan1872 

Thanks for the post.

If your Roku device is currently not playing audio, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with more information:
-Roku device model
-device serial number
-is this issue happening on a specific channel?
-when did you start experiencing this issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This began happening on both my roku devices reverently multiple times a day. Is there something that went wrong with a recent update. I have unplug the roku tv or roku device, depending on which room, daily. 

0 Kudos
sward1972
Reel Rookie

This is ridiculous and your copied responses do not fix the issue. There's GOT to be something better than this. Roku needs to fix the issue and recall the current devices.