Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_in_MD
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku device Keeps Losing Sound

Ive been having the same issue with my streaming stick+. This is the third time I’ve turned on my tv to find that there is no sound. I also have constant connection issues with it. I have had to reset this device more times than I can remember. Unfortunately every time I deal with Roku customer service I leave frustrated. I received a defective device right out of the box and it took hours upon hours over the course of several weeks to get them to replace it. They honestly have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced, and I’m not being dramatic. It’s truly awful. I’ve been a fan of Roku devices since they came

out but their quality seems to be suffering as of late. 

0 Kudos
AndieJ

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

@danny 

I have a Roku Ultra in the living room with no problems...yet, BUT the Roku Stick+ in my guest and master are having audio issues. I have tried all of your recommended steps on your support page and all the things I can find online from other customers. NOTHING works....... NO AUDIO..... everything else works fine... I will not/should not have to reset every single time I want to watch tv.....
-Roku device model: 22507C831921
-device serial number: SKU# 3810RW   LOT# 214020413  Roku # 8 29610 00197 5
-is this issue happening on a specific channel: ON EVERYTING: menu, channels, even the tv has to be reset after removing Roku to get volume back....
-when did you start experiencing this issue: the minute first installed. Works fine until I turn the tv off and then when I turn it back on....no AUDIO, no matter what I do. Frustrating.

Dheilmann1027
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku device Keeps Losing Sound

I just purchased a 4K and I have to unplug and reply’s the HDMI cord every time I change what I am watching in order for sound to come back on 

Rich006

Re: Roku Device Keeps Losing Sound

I’ve had this exact problem for over a year. I tried switching between my 3 TVs to see if it was the tv’s usb fault. The sound would randomly shut off on all three TV’s and I wouldn’t be able to get the sound back until I exited the show or movie I was watching and restarted it. My roku is a Roku express and it didn’t come with a wall power adapter. I had an extra chromecast usb power adapter I wasn’t using and decided to connect my roku directly to my outlet and not my tv’s usb. It’s been over a month and my sound has not dropped once. I only got this idea as I bought an Amazon fire stick for my mom and when I set it up for her I got a prompt on the screen saying “there isn’t sufficient power to the fire stick via the TV’s usb. Please connect fire stick directly to an outlet..” That got me thinking, maybe the roku also needs to be connected to an outlet for power. 

FSB

I have 4 devices. 2 at one home. 2 at another in another State. One at each home lost sound and I can’t fix. I am totally frustrated!!!  Apparently this is a very common problem. I really need to talk to a live person. 
fyi. I would never ever recommend that anyone buy your product. It stinks!!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FSB

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos