Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjvr2c
Channel Surfer

Roku Customer Service is POOR, IGNORANT!

Roku Customer Service SUCKS! The Online Chat GOOFS can not read/understand simple questions.

I have a Streaming Stick 4K, powered through the USB port on my Smart TV.
It was working excellently since purchased.
Many months, maybe over a year? I don't know for sure. Long Time! Too long to make sense that now I am receiving a LOW POWER message.
WHY? WAHY NOW after so long being fine?

The GOOF told me to plug it into a wall adapter instead.

**bleep**! I already knew that was an option. I want to know why the USB Option stoped working after so long working! GOOF couldn't wouldn't answer.

I tried twice to get them to call me. Twice they said they would, never have,

ROKU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Customer Service is POOR, IGNORANT!

You've probably been overtaxing your TV's USB port from the beginning and now it's given up the ghost.  What exactly do you expect Roku to do about that?  Use the supplied power adapter!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mjvr2c
Channel Surfer

So it was designed to operate off a USB port but the USB port is over taxed? So the Roku device cannot operate as it was designed to do without damaging another product? What do I expect Roku to do about that? What would you expect Roku to do about a product that damages one of your other devices? You sound like a smart guy!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mjvr2c 

You are correct. @renojim is a smart guy.

Your Roku device is drawing the power is says it draws. If your USB is overtaxed by that, perhaps it should be used as an I/O port and not a power source. Not every TV has sufficient power to their USB to drive devices over the long haul. Some do, but not all.

Now, if using the included power supply does not resolve the issue, then there is something wrong with your Roku. But you should try connecting with the primary power source to rule this out.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Boz
Roku Guru

No Roku device is supposed to be powered from a TV USB port.  That's why a power supply is included with every Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim

@mjvr2c wrote:

So it was designed to operate off a USB port but the USB port is over taxed? So the Roku device cannot operate as it was designed to do without damaging another product? What do I expect Roku to do about that? What would you expect Roku to do about a product that damages one of your other devices? You sound like a smart guy!

It's designed to operate off a USB port that can supply at least 1 Amp?  Can yours?  Do you know what an Ampere is?

I am a very smart guy.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I’ve had to do a lot of support for friends and family lately, and I have to say: If you’re going to call support, please work WITH support!  I’ve had several calls where the first or second thing I asked about was actually the problem, but the caller denied it, so we spent an hour or more going down other esoteric possibilities until coming around to my original question which in one case was: “Are you absolutely sure it is plugged in?” And in the other case: “Are you sure you put the Jesus bolt in properly?” But of course, they denied those ideas since they would be absurd blunders that smart people like them couldn’t possibly make.

Even if a question like this doesn’t solve the problem, it eliminates one variable so we can concentrate on other ones.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Every customer support should answer the phone like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F1rFmyQmY

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

mjvr2c
Channel Surfer

If only Roku had a phone number!!!

0 Kudos
mjvr2c
Channel Surfer

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

0 Kudos