Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zora
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4K Express picture cuts off every few minutes

Sure but it is also annoying having to repeat facts that I already gave. E.g. that the problem wasn't there in the beginning but only appeared a while after I've used the device. Therefore it is hard for me to conceive that the problem is in the soundbar. I wish there would be an easier way to contact actual Roku people but I guess I'll have to send the device back. Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Zora Ok then fix it yourself. But basic troubleshooting steps means to eliminate things that are not normally there. 99% of users plug there Roku player into an open HDMI port on there TV. Why are you reluctant to do so? It is how you troubleshoot something. It will take less then a minute. 

0 Kudos
Zora
Channel Surfer

While I don't trust your 99% statistics, I also don't care how others do it. It doesn't take only a minute to check it because the TV is wall-mounted and the connections are so far behind the TV that I would have to unmount it; additionally, the problem starts after I've watched a show about 10 minutes or so. Why am I not just checking it to troubleshoot? 1) Because I'm not just interested in understanding the why; I'm a consumer and want to have a solution that suits me. In this case it is having all connections to the soundbar because there is more flexibility this way. Hence, if it doesn't work this way (which the manufacturer states it should), the product is not the right one for me. 2) Because if it was the soundbar, the problem should have been there since the beginning and not started after a month or so from purchase, while during the first weeks it was working just fine. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Zora The correct way to install any Roku player s to plug it directly into an open HDMI port on your TV. The instructions that came with your Roku and the link I posted indicate as such. Since you refuse to take advice and do some basic troubleshooting I am out. 

0 Kudos
Zora
Channel Surfer

Yeah I was hoping to get someone professional from Roku to help out here, since their customer support is not easy to reach, at least in Europe. Thanks anyway for your efforts and have a good weekend. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Zora 

Try following up with @makaiguy 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos