Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLag
Reel Rookie

Restarting required multiple times a day

My Roku Ultra has to be reset multiple times per day.  It will be working fine until I change channel.  The new channel will load fine until I go to play something and then it just loads forever or finally comes back with a network error.  Occasionally I will run into the same problem when first starting the device and gong to stream the first thing.

Have updated roku software and individual channel software multiple times.  Made sure it wasn't overheating.  Not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Restarting required multiple times a day

@MikeLag 

What is your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).  Also, do you know if you are currently using the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band to connect your Ultra 4800. (or using ethernet).  If you go to Settings/Network/About, should provide you a Wireless Channel number. (low numbers 1-11 will indicate 2.4ghz, while higher numbers 36-48, 149-165 will indicate 5ghz).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

MikeLag
Reel Rookie

Currently wired but I just tried switching over to 5ghz to confirm that the problem happens with that too.  It does.  I have a Fios G1100 with gigabit service.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@MikeLag 

Since happening with ethernet, try disabling the Power Saving feature of the Ultra if enabled.  This setting produces some quirks so eliminate this as a culprit.  

Settings/System/Power/Power Savings/Auto Power Savings 20 min [uncheck to disable].

I would do a System Restart again after changing this setting.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DBDukes

@MikeLag 

You never actually said you're using the model 4800 Ultra. The device tagging on this board is not always 100% accurate, so @AvsGunnar assumed that, which is reasonable. However, just to be sure, is it the model 4800 as @AvsGunnar asked?

If it's an older device, it support microSD card, which have been problematic. If it's a Roku Ultra with a microSD card inserted, remove it then reboot, and see if the issue remains.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MikeLag
Reel Rookie

Power saving was enabled.  I disabled it, reset, and a few min later had the same problem.

0 Kudos
MikeLag
Reel Rookie

Yes - confirmed it is model 4800X.

0 Kudos