Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmartin

Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

My son had to restart a 30 minute video 3 different times because of this

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Amw30075

Re: Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

ROKU CUSTOMER SERVICE: THIS IS A PROBLEM. There are tons of people with this same problem. Multiple devices, multiple TVs. What is the solution. This is a huge problem that when paused, the ROKU restarts to the Home Screen and then you have to find out where you were in the show. 

I’m surprised that this many people have the same problem and that there is no fix etc. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jimmartin @Amw30075

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the old thread was related to devices on an older OS 11.0. With the release of OS 11.5, we will need more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing to investigate further. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Queen916

I have a new Roku Express 4K +. My software is 11.5.0 and this is happening on all my streaming channels. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Queen916 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos