Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

@Atlantisbc, if the screensaver is active the first button pressed is ignored other than to possibly install an unwanted channel from Roku's ad-embedded screensavers, so pressing Play is not what you want to do.  Press any other button and then Play.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Atlantisbc
Reel Rookie

@renojim Solution works great!

Thank you for the tip to push any button & then the play button. Still seems illogical but at least it works & lowers my frustration level.

0 Kudos
Lnpranch1

Well for one it sucks and it started after my last Roku up date just a few weeks ago. And everyone is complaining about the same issue. When you pause while watching a show on any channel it boots you back to the Roku home screen. Doesn't matter what channel it is, doesn't matter if your screensaver is off or on, doesn't matter what button you push when coming back to the TV. 

What would be nice is if you guys could do a new update that fixes the issue. My family is so frustrated with the issue the kids want to go to fire sticks instead of the Roku's. 

I prefer the Roku but if this issue keeps up I might have to change to satisfy my family. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lnpranch1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
David77
Reel Rookie

Model 3930X

SN S0083064DT75

FCC ID: TC-2r1027

IC: 5959A-R1025

Software Ver: 11.0.0

Build 4193

Here is more detail -- in the if I am watching Sling on my Roku and switch to local TV if I stay on local TV for more than ~ 4 minutes when I return to Roku/Sling (HDMI) I have to restart what I was doing (ie click on the specific program) -- if I go back to HDMI quickly, it takes me back to what I was watching --no problem.

What I would like to do is to change the 4 minutes to another value (say 10 minutes) -- can I do it with what I have? Is there another device that would let me do it?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@David77

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cl12345
Reel Rookie

It happens when I’m using the YouTube app.  I haven’t noticed the issue with any other app.  I pause a video on YouTube long enough for the Roku screensaver to turn on.  If I press the PLAY button or the FF or RW buttons on the remote while the screen saver is still on, I am automatically taken back to the Roku Home Screen.  If I press the UP arrow while the screen saver is on, then YouTube comes back up and the video I had paused starts automatically.  So far I have found no way of just making the screen saver turn off without being sent to the Home Screen or having my video start up automatically.   I have tried and failed to attach a photo of the Issue Report Tracker, so I’ll type the info below:

model: 9101x

serial number: I’d rather not put this on an online forum… hopefully it isn’t necessary 

software version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-95

timestamp: 2022-05-31T20:08:53Z

Please use issue ID 27-217-208 to report the current issue.  

thanks in advance if you can help me with this.  Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
weatherman1
Reel Rookie

I just bought a roku stick a month a go & when i pause more then 5mins or so on any app or channel it resets it self to home page. 

Model: 3820x - streaming stick 4K

serial #: X01700DHLS31

Device ID: S08Y423HLS31

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-CU

0 Kudos