Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CliffW1

Remote for new Ultra will not turn TV on or change volume.

Jump to solution

The remote on our new Ultra will change channels but will not turn the Vizio TV on or off & will not change volume settings or mute. Voice commands work fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote for new Ultra will not turn TV on or change volume.

Jump to solution

@CliffW1 

Settings > Remotes & devices

That will allow you to configure the remote for different TVs. It may automatically detect the brand, but you can change it if it picks the wrong one.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CliffW1 

Settings > Remotes & devices

That will allow you to configure the remote for different TVs. It may automatically detect the brand, but you can change it if it picks the wrong one.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JoeNard

Jump to solution

Voice remote for my new 4k+ will not control tv volume. I had another roku streaming stick that its voice remote controlled the tv. I have tried the solutions listed multiple times still doesnt work.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JoeNard,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us regarding your Roku Voice Remote issue. 

Please be aware that there was a recent update that may have resolved the issue. If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku remote not controlling the TV power and volume intermittently, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos