Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okjello

Sounds keeps cutting out - need assistance

This is the old trend but I have a similar model panasonic I think same series but a 52 inch. Did you find a resolution in the end? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Sounds keeps cutting out

Hey @okjello 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnDeere_Man
Reel Rookie

Same issue doesn't matter the app you are running or ARC vs Optical into sound bar or cut the sound bar out and it still happens with just the TV audio.  ROKU just stops sending audio and the only way to correct is to back out of the applications and restart the unit.  I even bought a new unit (2022 vs 2021) and it does the exact same thing 2, 3, 4, 10 times a day.  If we watch a bunch of stuff it's good but as soon as we pause and walk away we come back to no audio or over night and fire it up in the morning, NO AUDIO!@!@.  I have even bought another sound bar and had the EXACT thing happened.  This is a ROKU issue and it sounds like it's been going on since 2020.  I am about ready to switch to Fire stick since they do not seem to have this issue.

Please fix your issue or you will start loosing market share as others like me move to a more reliable device to stream our content.

Paul

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnDeere_Man,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding this and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix this issue but will need more details. 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Thalburger

Roku Stick sound keeps turning off

I have a Roku stick and it worked fine for about 3 days.  Since then, every time I use it I have no audio.  If I unplug it and plug it back in, it works but only for that session.  My TV is Sony if that helps at all.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick sound keeps turning off

Hi @Thalburger,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku device and We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  2. if the issue only happens on one channel, remove any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
  3. What Roku model device are you using?
  4. How are you powering the Roku device?
  5. Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  6. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Slm9161
Reel Rookie

My roku keeps losing sound also.  I have replaced the roku and the new one does the exact same thing.  It happens intermittently no matter what channel I am on. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Slm9161

Greeting from the Roku Community. 

We would like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Could you provide with us the information requested posted by @RokuMary-F?

With more information, we will be able to assist you. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos