Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LinGraz1981
Streaming Star

Re: Sound not syncing with picture

I'm having the same issue. I have model 3931RW-Roku Express+.

We have restarted the Roku, updated the software, rebooted the internet connection, but no luck. The picture and sound are NOT in sync. It also stops and you'll see a swirling and spinning circle in the middle of the screen for a minute, then it starts back up again. This has been going on for several months and it's driving us crazy. We end up watching TV on our laptop instead of our beautiful tv. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

An example of the video stopping momentarily, appearing to buffer, then playing out of sync with the audio can be seen on the MAX channel, movie: The Heat (Bullock & McCarthy). Initially, played with audio mode:off, it provides DD 5.1 audio out of sync with the video. Changing audio mode to leveling or night changes audio to pcm in sync with the video. Changing BACK to audio mode:off does one of two things: either pauses video momentarily with the spinning circle, then resumes playback with a DD 5.1 audio track out of sync with the video, OR the video remains in sync with the audio BUT although the Roku video mode shows OFF, it remains a pcm stream. The only way to restore the DD stream is to stop the video by returning to the UI menu and resuming playback from there. Then you'll have the DD track again, still out of sync with the video.

Duplicated this with the movie "No Sudden Move" on the MAX channel. Also, although this streamed 24p (at times) yesterday, this streams at 60p today.

Seems like a MAX problem, but I first encountered out-of-sync DD audio on Vudu content I purchased. I just switch to leveling mode whenever viewing those; this is a 60's vintage show that couldn't have originally had a DD audio track anyway, so I haven't pursued it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LinGraz1981

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LinGraz1981
Streaming Star

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Same room, only a matter of a few feet.
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • A couple of months ago
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • It occurs on only live TV.

We have a Google stick in the other room and it DOES NOT happen in that room. When I told Roku, they had me try a few different things but said it's on their end. The issue is an internal problem. When is this going to be fixed? I've been dealing with this for months now,

0 Kudos
SJohnson5

Sound not syncing with picture

how can I resolve ?

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @LinGraz1981
Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having problem with your Roku device. We're sorry about the experience, this is not what we aim for. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
Detailed information. We will be there to assist you.
Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
serconk

Same issue plus buffering only on nbc. Very frustrating 

GSW72

Model: 3810

S/N: YH00DK033377

SW 12.0.0 Build 4184-50

Device ID: 21397D033377

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GSW72 

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the sound not syncing with the picture, but we need more information to assist you further.

• May we know if your device is currently connected to external audio products?
  • Also, is this happening within a specific channel?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Please keep us posted; we will be happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos