Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonD
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku restarting itself on certain videos

no I thought the same thing it's nothing to do with the ads at all and what's even stranger is that if you were to restart the video from that spot a few seconds before it crashes it will crash in the same spot 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @JasonD

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

To better assist you, can you please provide us with more details about the issue? What specific app or channel are you using when you encounter this problem? Are you able to replicate the issue when using other apps or channels? Additionally, have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? 

We'll be happy to provide you with additional guidance once we have more information.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JasonD
Reel Rookie

it's happened on YouTube and HBO Max and I believe it to be a hardware or maybe software issue or both because I had the same model of TV before and never had this issue 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JasonD,

Thanks for following up regarding your playback issue.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. How long has the issue been occurring? Have you tried removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Please be guided through our Support page if you are encountering a channel playback issue: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JasonD
Reel Rookie

after I posted that reply I couldn't even load YouTube or HBO Max without it restarting and even had an issue with it doing a restart on home not sure why unless the system is overheating but I keep my room cool 

0 Kudos
JasonD
Reel Rookie

and I've tried removing the channel and adding it back but same issue occurring 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JasonD,

Thanks for reaching back.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thanks for letting us know what you've done.

In addition, here are a couple of things you can try to resolve this issue.

• We'd recommend refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and/or internet modem if you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading content.
  • Some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos