Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra will not stream AMC Plus programming

Jump to solution

Tried one last thing this morning.  Cancelled my AMC Plus account and then started a new account using a different email (and getting the Black Friday discount.). Absolutely no change - AMC Plus will still not play on our Roku Ultra.  This is definitely a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dont know if this will work for anyone else but...if you go to settings then under privacy select advertising, uncheck the limit ad tracking and reset advertising identifier then restart your roku. I hated doing it but i can confirm this worked for me

Redadder

Jump to solution

I can absolutely confirm that once you go into privacy and you click off the advertising limit ad tracking your AMC plus will work again.

jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks to both of the above posters!  This absolutely works - why wouldn't Roku be aware of the fix?

MrsD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this tip. I followed your instructions and restarted Roku device, launched AMC Plus and streaming was successful. Thanks again. 

dazzboomer

Jump to solution

@MrsD wrote:

I too am experiencing the exact issue @jwight01 reported. I took the very same steps but instead, I reached out to AMC Plus support and confirmed my subscription is active until August 2022. Their support team is also looking into this issue as well. 
The message on the screen that appeared every time I clicked on Play to watch playback of any episode is below:

We’re sorry, this content is not included in your subscription.
Error Code 403: RESOURCE_PROVIDER

Please advise

That is exactly the same thing happening with me. I've contacted AMC plus several times and they told me that it was an ongoing issue with Roku and they did not understand at that time what was going on and what was causing it. They never gave any solution to it whatsoever. But they told me that it looks like that it is a Roku problem. Where Roku is blocking the content. Not sure why, but that's what they told me.

dazzboomer

Jump to solution

@Redadder wrote:

I can absolutely confirm that once you go into privacy and you click off the advertising limit ad tracking your AMC plus will work again.

I can also confirm right now that by going under your settings in Roku and then going to privacy and removing the check out of the advertising box and then click reset advertising, then go back to home screen and try it again and it will work. That is what is actually stopping it. I'm not sure why that having a check in that box to limit the ads would stop it, but it is. It is actually working now. That is the solution to the problem thank you to the others for posting their solution. It does work!

kaytree1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it wont let me opt out 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @kaytree1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to AMC plus support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos