Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dipaqua
Reel Rookie

Re: I can't get anything on Disney+ to play

Hey I am in your same boat exactly unfortunately.  Disney works great on my normal Roku, laptop, PS5, other TV...just not my new TCL. Some episodes play, but all Star Wars for example get that error. Very erratic behavior.

Did you reset back to factory settings or do something else? I made a ton of changes and would hate to start from scratch on the settings...thx for any help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @dipaqua

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Spotify or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Spotify and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
dipaqua
Reel Rookie

Hey, so no issues with Spotify...its Disney+

No other issues on any other channel (Nexflix, Prime, Plex, etc) they all work fine.

Already logged out, removed, system restart, reinstalled and relogged in...nothing changed.

Also tried, the lower streaming setting in the Disney channel but same issue.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dipaqua,

Thanks for following up.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Disney plus channel. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel?
  2. Does this happen on all movies/shows in Disney plus or just Star Wars?
  3. Could you please verify if you getting any error messages when you are trying to update your Roku device?

Instructions to manually update your software:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System update
  4. Select Check now

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dipaqua
Reel Rookie

1. Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

2. Varies, definitely Start wars new series, Moon Knight, few others.

3. No errors, says last update check was yesterday.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up @dipaqua

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on Disney+, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Disney plus support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos