Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prestoml

Re: ABC Channel is horrible

This is 2023. I select the abc app on my roku tv and abc is displayed I go to anything afterwards and that selection works for about 1 minute then throws me back to the roku home screen.

14 REPLIES 14
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @prestoml

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device then add the channel back? Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
fastKitty
Reel Rookie

Couldn't agree more with this poster.  ABC app flat out doesn't work on either my roku sticks or roku tv for LIVE tv.   On demand seems more stable but when trying to view anything live, if it streams for more than about a minute or two, call yourself lucky.   Usually the app just exits and throws you to the app screen.   On my roku tv, it sometimes locks the TV up for minutes.   All are at the latest version of roku and the app.   

Doesn't happen with CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.  JUST ABC app.   It's horrible and should be taken down if it doesn't work because all it does is cause frustration.

And I've done all the normal trouble shooting.   Uninstall, reinstall, blah, blah, blah.  App doesn't work right with roku.

I've taken my stick to other locations for other providers and it behaves the exact same way and isn't a speed of internet either unless you are saying it needs something faster than 200Meg....

Ncstef

Same issues and they are stuff my specific to ABC channel. Can you please provide a specific explanation of why this happens and if a solution has been found yet?

0 Kudos
Ncstef

Exactly one minute after removing ABC channel, resetting my roku tv and reinstalling ABC channel - IT FROZE AND SENT ME BACK TO MY ROKU HOME PAGE AGAIN. JUST THROW AWAY THE CHANNEL. I'M THIS CODE TO JUST THROWING AWAY MY ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ncstef

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
fastKitty
Reel Rookie

I've reached out to ABC many times and their solution is "log out, uninstall the app, unplug the roku, wait a minute or so, reinstall the app, log in."

When you do all this, you are left with the same app version you had before that still doesn't work and locks up the roku.

ShoNuffHarlem
Channel Surfer

It's crazy Roku allows a broken app from a major network on their platform. It obviously isn't a reinstall issue. 

Pull the app until it works Roku shop) stop blaming the users 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ShoNuffHarlem @prestoml,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are grateful that you informed us of the playback problem you are having with the ABC channel. Could you let us know how long this has been happening to you?

Have there been any recent modifications that could be connected to this?

Please tell us more about this so that we can help you even better.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos