Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeeShane
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Randomly Jumping to HULU app

I don't see a fix for this yet. How disappointing. I don't even remember when mine started doing it now, but some days (having my Roku streaming all day) it will jump to Hulu several times. I've also noted that just by picking up the remote it will go to Hulu. I don't have to press anything on the remote, just pick it up off the side table. And YES, I'm absolutely sure that I have not touched the Hulu button on the remote!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TeeShane, if you touch your remote and it goes to Hulu I can pretty much guarantee that it's the remote.  A new remote would almost certainly solve your problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TeeShane
Reel Rookie

100% agree that it's the remotes. I think we can all see that. Why isn't there a fix. Push a software update, or replace all of our remotes! I have 4 Ultras in the house and all of them do it! 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TeeShane, my guess is that it's not something that can be fixed by software.  It's something within the remote like a short circuit or stuck button or failed component.  You may be able to fix it by taking it apart and cleaning all the buttons, but that's not something the average user is capable of or wants to try.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos