Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deb4848
Reel Rookie

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

That's what I wanna know, how do you contact someone about this redbox issue. Mine started doing this last night. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Deb4848,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with playing content on the Redbox channel. 

As a first step, we suggest trying to remove the channel, and update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel. If the issue still persists, we suggest you reach out to the channel partner directly.

In the meantime, we also recommend providing the requested details I posted just above your post.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deb4848
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This doesn't work, if you have a roku TV you can watch redbox but not if you're using the roku device hooked to a non roku TV. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Deb4848,

We appreciate your effort to follow up on the issue with the Redbox channel.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

Thanks again for posting and for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigtom1

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku receivers all purchased at the same time . The one in the living room connected to a Sony smart tv wouldn't stream Redbox . Swapped them out and now it works. The swapped out one was attached to the TV and the Roku wouldn't stream there either . Looks like it's likely the devise itself.

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To start I do not have a device connected to the TV as it is not needed on a Roku TV. It is part of the streaming apps.

Next, I have removed the Redbox app, restarted the TV, and then reinstalled the Redbox app and still does not work.

I uninstalled again, updated the Roku TV operating system, restarted the TV, and reinstalled the Redbox app and still does not work.

I have reached out to Redbox three times on this matter and all you get from them is, "We are aware of the issue and our technicians are working on the problem."

This does not make it work either. This needs to be addressed by Ruko and Redbox ASAP! Fix your issues.

schrades
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried everything under my control to resolve this issue and the channel opens on my non roku devises, so that means it is a roku issue directly or indirectly.  It needs to be dealt with on both sides.  We don't have the technology you all have to resolve this and just the fact we are reporting this here, means you shouldn't be telling us to get in touch with the channel provider, you should also try to reach out to them.  Where has the customer service gone in this world today. 

Thanks roku,

schrades
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have several devises and it only happens on roku.   They are the ones that need to be looking in on this also.  Its been over a week.  Both customer service sucks

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TCL Model 40s305

hardware ID 5142x

SN 2n0014306780

software ver 11.5.0 build 4312-08

device ID 914711306780

This occurs on the app

clicking on the Redbox app version 3.5 build 0

issue ID 80-17-194

Step is to try to use the Redbox APP

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I gave you all the info, now can you please fix the issue?