Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

Hi Community Roku Users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We understand that you've been having difficulties with playing content on the Redbox channel and we're sorry if you are having this issue.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue sharing feedback with the channel provider to help investigate this issue. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Victa

Jump to solution

Same here.....have a TCL Smart TV. ROKU was no help. Said it is REDBOX. I called them, and they said they updated their software on 4/13/23. There is some kind of conflict with ROKU software now. REDBOX says they are working with ROKU, and they say ROKU IS WORKING ON A SOFTWARE UPDATE TO VERSION 12.0    I could not get anyone at ROKU to confirm this. This is terrible.

0 Kudos
JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Redbox stopped working wont load

Jump to solution

Already deleted channel, unplugged roku, restarted and installed channel again. Still doesn’t work. Worked without fail until this weekend. Freezes on the R logo. Seems communication problems between roku and Redbox. Roku needs to address what is happening  stop telling people to contact redbox. Roku needs to work with redbox to find the problem. Seems within past week has become major issues for all customers. Had previous trouble with freevee app but reinstalled channel and it worked. Not true for redbox. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Redbox stopped working wont load

Jump to solution

Hi  @JeffMiner

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Redbox channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Redbox support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Already did this. Still doesn’t work. Started when searched for movie, showed was on redbox and clicked link to start movie from search. I believe the search function of Roku messed it up not Redbox. Seems Roku should be more proactive in contacting Redbox than making customers try to fix the problems between Roku and Redbox. Again I suspect it was you search link. That is how my Freevee channel got messed up last month too. However the remove and reinstall fixed Freevee. Redbox no.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @JeffMiner

Thank you for the post.

We understand that you have done some troubleshooting steps on your end, and we appreciate your efforts. However, please note that only the channel developer can provide the best assistance with regard to your concern. Redbox would have sole control over what content they make available on any app developed for a Roku device. Therefore, we suggest that you contact Redbox directly for further assistance.

You may reach Redbox through their customer support channels, which can be found on their official website or within the Redbox channel on your Roku device.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are always here to help.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Moviebuff3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 roku units and they both exhibit the problem. I tried updating the sw and it won't update, as it says "software is updated". I take it that they update automatically, since the last update was Dec 2022, and I've had these 2 units much longer. My 2 units are: model 3900RW, sw version 11.5.0 build 6040-51, and model 3930X ver. 11.5.0 build 4312-AE. Out of the last 5 days, Redbox worked once out of about 10 tries. Waiting for news of fix.

0 Kudos
JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I called Redbox and was told Redbox won’t work on Roku unless Roku version is version 12.0. He was aware that Roku latest version is 11.5, which I verified is the latest Update for Roku stick. So so problem is between Redbox and Roku.

Redbox says Redbox channel won’t work until Roku releases software version 12.0. Last release was 12/20/22 version 11.5. 

0 Kudos
JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I called Redbox and was told Redbox won’t work on Roku unless Roku version is version 12.0. He was aware that Roku latest version is 11.5, which I verified is the latest Update for Roku stick. So so problem is between Redbox and Roku.

Redbox says Redbox channel won’t work until Roku releases software version 12.0. Last release was 12/20/22 version 11.5. 

0 Kudos
JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Must call Redbox. They are trying to get numerous of accounts affected to technical support. However the rep said won’t work as looking for Roku version 12.0 which Roku hasn’t released yet. Latest software is version 11.5 which redbox said they are aware of. So both Roku and Redbox issue of software version.

0 Kudos