Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CUERVOOJ
Reel Rookie

REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

My Redbox won't play. The R with a dot comes up & that's where it stays. I use it all the time. I even deleted it & added it back. I've unplugged my Roku device & that didn't help. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

Hi @CUERVOOJ,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Redbox. channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

If the issue still after removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CUERVOOJ,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Redbox. channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

If the issue still after removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
CUERVOOJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried everything & finally got ahold of Redbox. They said others have reported this issue also so they are trying to resolve it. Thanks for your help.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CUERVOOJ,

Thanks for the quick response and update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

We appreciate your patience with this issue. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
James4154

Jump to solution

mine just started doing this what's the deal?

Mkitty

Jump to solution

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So how does anyone get a hold of the people that need to get a hold of when this solution doesn't work? I don't find anywhere on here that tells me anywhere of reaching out to these people or how to contact anyone. 

Jump to solution

How do I reach out to channel support 

Jump to solution

Still having issues doesn’t work just red r. Shows up 

Robined

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same since yesterday around 7pm or so… tried everything… remove update add…. Still just the red R and dot… this sucks!!