Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randjenn

Problem with all channels playing after connection to WiFi is confirmed as "excellent".

After several months without a problem, our Roku Express has become unusable. Problems with sustaining connection in last two days, restarting router and Roku several times. When connected after going through this process, the WiFi connection is listed as "connected" and signal strength is "excellent". Clicking on channels either goes through endless slow processing without opening, or opens briefly to kick out, or kicks out back to Home. We have an Xfinity router and no indication on change of service with download speeds. Frustrated and angry there is no tech support to walk me through this. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with all channels playing after connection to WiFi is confirmed as "excellent"

@Randjenn 

Which Roku Express? The model number is always helpful. Settings > System > About

Older models support 2.4 GHz band only, and Comcast/Xfinity is notorious for changing the settings on that band from b/g/n to g/n, which will affect connectivity.

Let us know which model you have, and the 2.4 GHz settings (b/g/n, or g/n, or something else).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Re: Problem with all channels playing after connection to WiFi is confirmed as "excellent"

I am having the same problem. Were you able to find out what is wrong and the solution to this problem.? I don’t know how to get help either for this issue. Why won’t a Roku agent help with this? I would think a Roku agent should provide some support for their Roku devices. Where has Customer Service & Support gone???

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello  @fuzzyfriends9

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos