Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue4203
Reel Rookie

Prime Originals Video not playing in HD

I have several subscriptions, some thru Prime, one thru my cae company, and a couple thru Roku. When I try to play Prime Originals, they are dark (sometimes too dark to watch) and video is not HD. I briefly tried an AppleTV subscription specifically for one program and it was the same there. Again, only the original content. What gives? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime Originals Video not playing in HD

@Sue4203

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku device to see if that helps?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshots of what is shown on screen

With more detailed information, we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos