Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julian147

Power Roku TV on/off with alternate remote

I have a TCL 65R635 Roku TV attached by eARC HDMI to a Sony STR-DH790 AV receiver with an HDMI 2.1-compliant cable -- HDMI 4 on the TV, ARC/eARC output on receiver. TV input to the receiver comes through my Comcast Xfinity set-top box, and I prefer to use the Xfinity XR15 remote unless I am switching among Roku channels.

Paired with my previous less "smart" Samsung TV, the volume and power controls on that remote controlled both receiver and TV. I re-paired it with the TCL TV, but power control is now weird: when both are on, I can turn both off. But the next "power on" from the Xfinity remote now turns on only the receiver THE FIRST TIME I TRY IT... then if I power off and on again, IT TURNS BOTH ON.

HDMI CEC function is properly set on both TV and receiver as far as I can tell. Is there any way to restore the "both off/on with one click on one remote" I used to have?

0 Kudos