Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop Up LED DOLBY TRIPLE XD CLEAR VOICE STEREO SPEAKER HDMI

Ever since installing my Roku Express I get an annoying pop up advertisement at the bottom of my screen for LED DOLBY TRIPLE XD CLEAR CHOICE HDMI

Keeps on popping up every minute or two.  Online says that the unit is set in STORE DEMO mode and says to go to the LOCATION setup menu and change from store to home.  There is no such menu item, I have looked at every menu and sub menu item.

How do I get rid of it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pop Up LED DOLBY TRIPLE XD CLEAR VOICE STEREO SPEAKER HDMI

There is no Store mode on a Roku device like the Express.  Roku TVs with Roku functionality built in do, but not separate Roku devices.

I'd guess it is your TV that has somehow gotten set to Store or Demo mode.  Look for a LOCATION item in the TV's menus, not the Roku's.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Meghan
Reel Rookie

Did you figure it out?  I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Meghan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meghan
Reel Rookie

Got it worked out/. Somehow the LG Tv switched over to "Store Mode" and off "Home Mode". When I moved it back to Home Mode the pop up stopped.  It started after I added youtube and iHeart radio, which is why we thought it was Roku.  - Thanks for reaching out.