Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwhee
Reel Rookie

Player restarts unexpectedly

Roku Express 4k+ will restart while watching programming on various apps. The program simply stops and the startup screen (jumping letters R O K U) appear followed by the homescreen. I do not lose any of my settings. This has just started within the last week and has occurred 3 times. The player is still under warranty but I would prefer to resolve the issue without resorting to warranty claim.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Player restarts unexpectedly

First thing first are you using the supplied A/C power wall adapter or are you using the USB power on toot TV. Any error codes. If you are using your TVs USB power then please try plugging it into a wall outlet 

0 Kudos
Gwhee
Reel Rookie

I have been using tv power without issue since purchase, bit I will try a wall outlet. Thx for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Gwhee  The instructions that came with your Roku specifically said use AC power for best performance 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Gwhee 

If switching to outlet power does not fix issue, can you verify what your Roku OS build is. (Settings/System/About)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos