Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheLex
Channel Surfer

Playback problem with some Apple TV+ programs

Running 2 3941X units software 11.0.0 build 4193-CR feeding older 1080P Vizio TVs. Wi-Fi signal strength Excellent. All apps load and stream video fine with one exception:  SOME Apple TV+ (not all) programs display the following error message: Video Not Available; There’s a problem loading this video. If it continues, check your internet connection.  I’ve unplugged/replugged all cables; reset and reinstalled Apple app numerous times. Occasionally, a program will play once, but not again. To reiterate, programs on all other apps stream fine, and some Apple programs (Ted Lasso) stream fine. Also, when I try to Apple Play these shows from my iPhone, error message says This video is in format that can’t be streamed to this TV. 
Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Playback problem with some Apple TV+ programs

@TheLex 

1) When reinstalling an app, make sure you restart your Roku after removing & before reinstalling:

A) Remove App B) RESTART Roku (Must do this here!) C) Reinstall app

2) Apple tends to use higher bitrates than its competitors, so even though the signal is excellent, the speed may be an issue - use Settings/Network/Check Connection to test the speed, then check it ("Internet download speed") with Settings/Network/About.

3) Otherwise, if your speed is fine (~25-30Mbps or higher preferred), try:

A)  Manually configure display:  Settings/Display type = 1080p TV (do NOT use Auto) - try again

B) Change audio to stereo:  Settings/Audio/Audio mode = Stereo, Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Stereo - try again

C) Enable/Disable refresh rate matching:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto-adjust display refresh rate = On (or off if currently enabled) - try again

TheLex
Channel Surfer

Followed your instructions on the bedroom system, and after finishing the changing digital audio to stereo step, the unwatchable program became watchable.  I’ll let the system rest while I use this process on the living room system and will report back on both. Thanks a ton for your assistance. BTW. According to Roku settings, the internet speed is 167 Mbps. 

0 Kudos
TheLex
Channel Surfer

Both systems are now working as expected. Thanks again for your prompt assistance. 

0 Kudos