Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tabby2

Playback on sports games will not stop once I fast forward

Sports games I record, will not f ast forward, or if it does, won’t stop till end of recording

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback on sports games will not stop once I fast forward

@Tabby2-

What channel app are you using when this occurs?

Rokus have no capability of recording or playing back anything.   They can only play streams that are being forwarded to them.   Any recording, playing back, pausing, fast forwarding, rewinding, etc. is done on the server of the channel you are watching at the time.

All the Roku can do is pass your key press on to the current channel app, and the channel app has to take over from there, according to the way it has been programmed.

Problems of the nature you described should be referred to the support group of the channel app you are using.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos