Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBurgess
Reel Rookie

Picture zoomed in with new roku stick on every channel and home screen

I bought a new Roku stick in April. Everything was fine until one day I turned it on and the picture was zoomed in. I tried resetting the device and it zoomed in even more! It is not only zoomed in on the home screen, it is zoomed in on every channel, and every picture. I even tried resetting to factory settings, but nothing changed. This all seemed to happen sometime in May.  Everything is fine on my TV when not streaming so I know it's not the TV. There is also no problem on the other TVs with different Roku devices. I am only having problems with the new upgraded streaming stick. HELP!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Picture zoomed in with new roku stick on every channel and home screen

Hey @CBurgess

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For further assistance, could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring as well as the serial number of the affected Roku stick? It can be found at the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CBurgess
Reel Rookie

I replied before, but got no response so I'll try again. The serial number is: S08Y421P30D5. 20220625_132708.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CBurgess

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
CLMartin

How was this fixed - it just happened to my stick this week and it looks exactly as the picture attached.  Cant even read everything on the screen so not sure it there is something I just cant see.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @CLMartin,

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We received reports some users resolves the issue by pressing the "aspect" button on their TV remote and choosing the Normal option, click here for reference. Or may also restart your Roku device and see if it helps. Follow the step to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos