Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzHiAzI

Picture and sound dely...

There is a 2 or 3 second delay between the picture and the audio. It's really annoying...

There is an option in the settings on the Roku app for this exact thing but I've done it 4 times without any change. When I turn on private listening on the app from my phone they match up fine. When i turn audio back to the tv there is still no change. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Picture and sound dely...

Hi @AzHiAzI,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with the sound that is out of sync with playing content on Roku. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto?

One suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
help4me2
Reel Rookie

Hello Mary, I have just purchased the Ultra and I have completed all the solutions mentioned in many comments on here about fixing the problem when the audio drops out especially between and commercial and TV program.  Now it happens on YouTube, Disney Plus and Hulu + live, so all the major services I use.

I have put 2 new ultra high speed (4K 120hz and Earc, Dolby etc) HDMI's into my Sony Bravia for Roku and Earc use.  I have used Fire Stick with no issues like this, but was thinking about getting Spectrum stream and they only use Roku.  I have been very disappointed with all this and I am certainly not a unexperienced electronics guy, but this has got me confused.  Before I send these back and forget Spectrum, do you have any solutions other than what others have suggested, restart, change settings etc.  I have tried them all and many HDMI wire changes as well.  Thank-you

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @help4me2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to better understand this issue going on, and we appreciate the attempts at resolving it.

Could you tell us a bit more about this? What are the steps that led you to this behavior? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If the issue persists, could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once information is available, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bobbelate1

I’m having the same problem. It happens on 4 different tvs. My internet provider is xfinity. I’ve called them 3 times and still can’t get it fixed. At wits end. 

0 Kudos
help4me2
Reel Rookie

I don't know if you have it on only Ultra or 4k Stick as well, but I had the problem only on Ultra and ended up sending it back after I took my other TV's 4k stick, installed that one, and the problem was solved.  In my case after doing everything Roku asked at least twice, and even fixing it once myself, I just sent it back and ordered another 4k stick.  The problem I fixed on my own was once I started getting Roku Ultra set up I saw a lot of sparkling dots, almost like small stars, all over the screen.  Checked all ports, no change so as I was going to get transferred to another support person I switched their HDMI wire for one of my 8K/4K 120 HDMI wire and that instantly solved that problem.  After that, all the issues you are having, I started to get. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bobbelate1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to know more about how we can assist you with this. For us to better understand the issue, does it happens on a particular channel, or are other channels affected by the issue? Also, what Roku devices are you using?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos