Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philips Roku TV Sound and Wi-Fi Issues

I bought a 65 inch Philips Roku tv just this last December. Ever since then, it’s had intermittent sound issues. The sound just completely cuts out for a few seconds when I’m streaming shows. Also, the sound can lag and then requires a restart in order to get it to line up with the scene again. This happens on multiple apps with different shows. 

Also, I have it connected to my 5G wifi with the router in the room. It will just randomly disconnect from the wifi while streaming, which kicks me back to the homepage, and then it reconnects itself within a couple seconds. Spotify is impossible to listen to because it just randomly disconnects but if I leave it alone for a few seconds it will reconnect on its own and continue playing. It makes no sense. 

I have reset the tv, unplugged my router and plugged it back in, disconnected everything I can from my wifi, messed with the sound settings, everything I can find on google to troubleshoot these issues multiple times to no avail. The tv is massive though and would be very inconvenient to have to return or replace. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Philips Roku sound and wifi issues

Hi @Staceface89 and also wanted to extend a welcome to the Roku Community.

It sounds like the TV's connection to your Wi-Fi network is causing a bunch of frustrating issues. To narrow down the issue, are you able to plug in an Ethernet cable temporarily from the TV directly to the router?

Using an Ethernet cable, you'll want to set your Network to "Wired" under your settings menu. Then, try streaming for a few days, and most of the issues go away, you can assume the Wi-Fi is the culprit, and make some changes to your wireless network to try to help the TV connect better. You may find the 2.4 GHz network, for example, is better to use for your environment and this usually just involves switching the network during wireless setup, or potentially making a configuration change to your wireless router. 

Try running a cable first, if you can, and let us know what you find. We'll be awaiting your results!

How to check your connection to your home network and the internet. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Zappy4

Re: Philips Roku TV Sound and Wi-Fi Issues

I am also having issues with my sound just not being there whenever I power on my TV. I have to keep going to Settings/System/Power and restarting the TV completely every time it happens just to get sound. And, even though it is connected to my wifi (it is literally right next to the router/modem) I cannot connect to it with the app without having to restart the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Philips Roku TV Sound and Wi-Fi Issues

Hello @Zappy4 @Staceface89 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV having audio issues.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further, but need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku TV software OS/version (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • is your Roku TV connected to any external audio products? if so, can you provide us with the brand and model of the devices?
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • would you be able to provide us with a video illustrating the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be more than happy to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to look into. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos