Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmoore2

Pause causes Roku to restart

Any time I pause any streaming content on Hulu or Discovery+ the Roku pauses for a second or two and then crashes, fully restarting. This happens every time for both Hulu and discovery, maybe more apps, but I have not checked them all. Problem started yesterday, so we’re trying to remember to always go back to the menu: never pause.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pause causes Roku to restart

Since this is happening on more than one channel, have you tried restarting your Roku?

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System. You can also restart by pulling the power plug for a few seconds then plugging it back in and letting it start back up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SasRuto

Hi, 

This exact thing is happening to me with other apps also (tried on Hulu, Netflix, ESPN). 

Also Tried :

1) updating firmware

2) clearing the cache

3) removing the app and reinstalling

4) hard restart (plug off and in)

Details abt my hardware: 

TCL model 65R617, SW version 11.5.0 build 4225-30

Please help.

KC614
Binge Watcher

I have build 4225-95 and when watching a video after a few seconds it will just dashboard to the home screen for no reason. I've tried everything but I think it's an issue with Update 11.5. 

0 Kudos
Candysays
Channel Surfer

SAS where and how to you clear the cache? Lol you can tell I am new to Ruko lol

0 Kudos