Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfrankmano
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

I have the same issue and it's only with Season 6 Episode 1 of the Good Fight.  (The episode is fine on my computer, but not on Roku) There are other sounds - feet on pavement, birds hitting windows , just no talking. This is NOT a problem on the user end. It's a problem on Roku's end. The episode needs to be re-uploaded and then tested  by Roku.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

@nfrankmano wrote:

The episode needs to be re-uploaded and then tested  by Roku.

You almost got this right.  Roku can only pass on to you what it receives from Paramount, from Paramount's server that is used to feed Roku.  Only Paramount can fix this.

But Roku can prod them to do it.  Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Mokat
Binge Watcher

I've got the same problem with Topic that I signed up for thru the Roku Channel this week.  Lambs of God, episodes 2,3,4 - no dialogue, only background sounds.  Did chat with someone Wed and it was the same basically unplugged, update, restart etc and that didn't fix it.  Supposedly it's been given to someone in tech.  I only signed up to this particular series.

0 Kudos
nfrankmano
Channel Surfer

It plays fine on everything except Roku

0 Kudos
VLB62
Reel Rookie

Yes, same exact thing with me. I can’t figure it out, does the same on iPhone and iPad. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
nfrankmano
Channel Surfer

No solution for Roku, but  Plays fine on Paramountplus.com 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We are having a difficult time reproducing the issue you are reporting. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scottlee
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1

@RokuDanny-R

4670X - Roku Ultra, YJ00G4408000, KW999G408000, 11.5.0 build 4235-46

Paramount Plus Ver 7.8 build 20221109

Issue Report Tracker ID 00-481-308

Hi, On my Roku, on Paramount Plus, when I try to play S6E1 of the Good wife there is no Audio Speech track. There is audio but it is just background tracks. (steps, music, crowds, birds hitting windows)

If I use the Star Menu/Accessibility & Captions/Audio Track/ 1 of 2English(US), ACC, Stereo, Decscriptive. The Audio is correct, but with Audio Decscriptions.

If I use Star Menu/Accessibility & Captions/Audio Track/ 2 of 2English(US), ACC, Stereo. There is where the problem exists.

Other people have reported this problem, we think it is an issue with how this episode was encoded. I have started to watch S6E2 it works fine. Also previously there was a Free Version of Good Fight S6E1, if you logged out of your Roku Account, and selected "Watch Free Episodes" it is no longer there, but that recording worked just fine, still the 1st Episode, but with the proper audio tracks. I am happy to send a video of the issue.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
nfrankmano
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1

Model: 3920X -Roku Premiere

Serial number: YH008H561528

Software Version: 11.5.o Build 4235-91

Device ID: K42998561528

Channel: Paramount Plus Version 7.8 build 20221109

Issue Report Tracker id 29-482-421

Also if you need to see the issue I can always record tv on my phone and send the file

0 Kudos
NMGJ
Reel Rookie

Model 3941x2

Software 11.5.0.4302

Device ID : S0HAK28LSA3R

Serial X02200LLSA3R

Parmount Plus 7.8 build 20221109

Good Fight Season 6 Ep 1 (Pressing the home button brings me back to Home menu. Cannot locate tracker.)

0 Kudos