Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieljhurst
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

Problem still persists... yet another reason Paramount+ will become a subscribe-binge-cancel channel for me.

Jready

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

I have Paramount not through Roku and it's doing the same thing. The other episodes work fine, so it's just this episode. My app on my phone plays sound, but no video. No other show is doing this. I think it's a Paramount problem, not Roku. 

0 Kudos
Jready

I'm having the same problem. Don't think it's Roku. None of the suggestions work. All of my other programming is fine except this episode. 

0 Kudos
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

Not sure what are you testing this issue on so cant judge.  Just played this episode again on my android phone using the paramount + app and the voices are there.

What are you using, apple TV, firestick, Google, what?

0 Kudos
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  This is possible as someone mentioned sounds and video are meshed in one feed while actor voices are integrated later so that's possible.  Not sure why I'm able to get the voices, sounds and pictures through my P+ app on my phone and via Comcast works fine.

Still kind of strange

0 Kudos
mandysib
Reel Rookie

The problem still persists, there are no voices on this episode for me either.  So many issues with Paramount on roku, very disappointing!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @mandysib

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on the Paramount Plus channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected  Paramount Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

This does not resolve. You hear background noise, footsteps and sounds but not the people talking. Uninstalled and reinstalled channel. Other episodes of same show works. Other channels and shows work. 

0 Kudos
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

Already tried this before, as mentioned towards the beginning of this post.  

I've added the paramount + app to a brand new roku device.  Same issue remains.

0 Kudos
NMGJ
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue! Everything works except s6e1 Good Fight episode. (The episode is fine on my computer, but not on my Roku.) I can hear other sounds - feet on pavement, birds hitting windows , just no dialogue. It’s infuriating. 

did you solve this? I emailed support.

0 Kudos