Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

Greetings everyone,

I have a Paramount + subscription and I am trying to play " The Good Fight", Season 6 Episode 1.  Picture is find and background sound if fine but there is NO sound coming from the characters speaking.  

For troubleshooting reasons i played the exact episode via my Paramount+ app on my Android Phone and the voices are there.  Also, asked a friend who runs Paramount + via Comcast and the same episode has voices.

THe funny thing is, "The Good Fight"  Season 6 Episode 2, sound if fine.  

Anybody else have this issue?

38 REPLIES 38
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

Hi @ucf3loc1
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Paramount Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + through Roku Channel -- No Voices--> "the good Fight Season 6, episode 1)

I have not found where the remove channel option is yet.  Every place i keep looking it says i need to cancel my subscription, and haven't come across the option to remove/uninstall the channel.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@ucf3loc1-

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.  Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel.

Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

So i removed Paramount + from my Roku subscription and that didn't do anything either.  Same issue as before. no voices Season 6, Episode 1 "The Good Fight"

0 Kudos
Char5

I have the same problem. No voice audio on Catherine Good Fight Episode 1 - no voice audio. I restarted my Roku. I uninstalled and reinstalled Paramount plus. Nothing resolves the issue. Is there a way to talk to a live person at Roku??   

Monicaerin

I have the same problem. Episode 2 plays find, but who wants to skip the first episode?!

Scottlee
Reel Rookie

I had to sign out of Paramount+, then watch it as a free episode, works fine.

ucf3loc1
Channel Surfer

How or where did you watch it as a free episode?  The issue is the sound is missing via roku devices.  All other devices seem to work.

0 Kudos
ungerwu

I just discovered the same issue. I subscribe to P+ through Roku and I tried watching episode on two different TVs and had the same problem in both. My guess: they uploaded an episode that only had the SFX channel without the final mixdown to include dialogue and music. It's trippy, but a little annoying, to be able to hear the footsteps on the street, but not the talking coming out of the people walking. Hope they fix it. 

0 Kudos